Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lazy Days

My garsh i have been so lazy with this darn blog. Well i suppose i can update you on the happenings of our little family. First off my little baby boy is going to be 1 in 12 days!!! Holy cow! Aiden will be 3 in 36 days and that is just even crazier. My babies are growing up too fast!
Dillan has been taking a few steps here and there. He still prefers crawling. He says dada and when i try to get him to say mama he says dada. What a little stinker!
Aiden has been doing awesome, it amazes me at how much this kid can learn in so little time! He is fully potty trained and has been for about 2 months now. He has been to Disney with just chonies and no pull ups and he also went to an Angels game recently and no accidents!! WOO HOO!! I am so proud of my little man. Also a big woo hoo for having only 1 kid in diapers!! He also likes to run around our house singing jingle bells...of all songs i don't know why he chose a Christmas one that can get stuck in your head so easily.
We had a little mishap at one of our favorite places on earth. Yup you guessed it Disneyland! Our double stroller was stolen. Insert sad face here. I felt so horrible because 1) i had gotten it as a baby shower gift and a couple of my family members pitched in for it because it was a tad expensive, and 2) i just plain loved it. I never had anything stolen from me before so this was a first and i must say i hope i never feel that way again! It was a huge mix of emotions that i usually never have, lets just say that. My father in law came up with an awesome idea of theft proofing our stroller and i am in the works of inventing something(more on that tomorrow). So we of course had to dish out at least 200 bucks for a new one and our new one isn't half bad. It doesn't compare to the first but hey we got the best deal for our buck i think. I am happy with it, the only thing is i cant go running with it(pshh like i went running anyway) but when i did, which was like once a month, it was nice. I guess i will just have to leave my poor old husband with both of the kids while i go for a run.=]
I have been keeping myself busy lately by making little girl bows. On Easter we went over to my grandma's house. A tradition that i love ,which is the egg decorating contest, takes place there every year and the eggs come out looking like gogo dancers or circus folk. My grandma used to have her own craft store oh so long ago. So where does she keep all of her old craft supplies? In a room that is seriously walled with different sizes of labeled Tupperware bins. It is one of the most magical places i have ever seen!! Anything you would ever need to make something is in that room. So my grandma wanted to get rid of some of her stuff and asked me if i had wanted anything from in that room...HEYOO!! I told her that i would gladly take the gorgeous old ribbon she had off her hands...oh and maybe a box or 2 of buttons. So i have been making some of the most retro bows i have ever seen. Her ribbon is seriously from the 70's-80's eras and i absolutely LOVE it. I have a massive amount of buttons that i probably wont be able to use in this lifetime but a bow needs options! So if you want to take a gander at these beautiful lovelies i have my Facebook page linked in the right hand column at the top. =]

I plan to post pictures some time this week of the kiddos so keep an eye out.


Until next time!

No comments: